Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soldiers Angels Web Surfing

My weekly 'surf' for news by, and about,  Soldiers Angels  in the blogosphere.

Hat Trick!

This first bit of news is just Way too cool :) I came across an article that incorporates news about a Guard company from My State! (and I actually have corresponded with a soldier  from that Guard company:)  AND, the article is talking about what Jeff Bader, the husband of  Soldiers Angels founder Patti, did to help these guys out!

That, my friends, in my book is a "hat trick"....."Three goals scored by one player in one game, as in ice hockey." (hey, I grew up in Michigan, I Love hockey!:) Three things I'm interested in, All in One article!

Via GX Online, go check out  

 Virginia Guard Soldiers Sing Praise and Worship at Camp Patriot

 

In other news,

Soldiers Angels Florida VA Team tells about  Soldiers Angels New Employment Help for Veterans

 

Lubbock Marine Parents helps put out the call, for the Houston Soldiers VA Team, for Lap Blankets .

 

A "new-to-me" blogging member of Soldiers Angels re-posts something from the forums, written by a currently serving soldier,about what his days are like.....go check out  One Soldier's View  at Peyton's Water.

 

Sadly, Soldiers Angels Louisiana asks us to send up  Thoughts and Prayers  for a hero.  Rest in Peace, Spc. Lawrence Lee Holloway. We Are holding your family and friends in our thoughts and prayers.

 

And, I somehow missed this, when Soldiers Angels Germany first posted it

CJTF-82 Heroes of the Week

Briefly, it is...."Dramatic and moving images of US Army Paratroopers and Afghan Army soldiers being evacuated after a November 2007 ambush near Forward Operating Base Bella, home of Chosen Company, 2-503rd PIR, 173rd ABCT in Nuristan Province, Afghanistan. "

Please go read the post, and watch the video.

I must admit, I was in tears watching this. As a part of the

Soldiers Angels Living Legends Team

I helped research the information about a number of those soldiers killed in that ambush, to send out the emails for the Team to send condolence cards to the families.  To actually see a video of Fallen Heroes ,that I read so much about in my research, being recovered to be brought home to their families?  I really have no words, to describe the feelings.

The post goes on to say...."The troops were on their way back from a meeting in a nearby village just two miles from OP Bella when they were attacked on 9 November. Five Soldiers from the 173rd ABCT and one Marine were killed. Eight more Sky Soldiers and 11 ANA were wounded."

and at the end of the post, there is a listing of the Fallen Heroes.

One of the things that the Living Legends Team does is post a small biography of  every Living Legends Hero at  http://livinglegendteam.blogspot.com/

(Terri Rager does these posts, and does a wonderful job)

If you would like to know a bit more? about the Fallen Heroes remembered at the end of the post on Soldiers Angels Germany? I have posted the links to their biographies on the Living Legends Team blog.

In Memoriam:

1st Lt. Matthew C. Ferrara, 24, of Torrance, Calif.


Sgt. Jeffery S. Mersman, 23, of Parker, Kan


Spc. Sean K.A. Langevin, 23, of Walnut Creek, Calif.


Spc. Lester G. Roque, 23, of Torrance, Calif.


Pfc. Joseph M. Lancour, 21, of Swartz Creek, Mich.


Marine Sgt. Phillip A. Bocks, 28, of Troy, Mich.

 

May we never forget!

 

 

 

 

No comments: