Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday Hero

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael T. Williams (Click Image For Full Size)
 
 

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael T. Williams, a kennel master with Task Force Military Police, 1st Battalion, 10th Marines, and his dog "Kitt", search for ordnance and firearms during a route reconnaissance operation through the western Anbar province of Iraq April 1. The dog handlers conduct operations in support of 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion to bring peace and stability to Iraq and its people.

 

These brave men and women sacrifice so much in their lives so that others may enjoy the freedoms we get to enjoy everyday. For that, I am proud to call them Hero.

 We Should Not Only Mourn These Men And Women Who Died, We Should Also Thank God That Such People Lived

This post is part of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. For more information about Wednesday Hero, or if you would like to post it on your site, you can go here.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

My name is Edward Domain--veteran and founder of TroopSpace.net

I am writing to you because in the last few months I relocated from Chicago to San Francisco for work.  Literally yesterday it dawned on me that I now live very close to Berkeley (like 30 miles away) and as you are well aware, Berkeley is the epi-center of insanity.

I stopped by the US Marines' recruitment office to say hello and let them know I support them as an Army Vet.  The CO and I got to talking, and he let me know that every Wednesday, Code Pink and their pals have rented the parking lot across the street from the Marines' office and get nasty for a day.  And then they are back every Wed. thereafter.

As I have a website full of people that support the military, I am organizing as big a rally as I can to counter this craziness.  I am calling it "OPERATION BERKELEY" and am reaching out across the Blogosphere to find those of us that can't stand the nonsense of Code Pink and their pals.

Please take a moment to stop by TroopSpace.net and see the stroy on my front page, and then head to the forum section titled "Operation Berkeley".

I would love to have any and all sites/people/organizations involved that want to be a part!  Even if your assistance were only spreading the word, that would help immensely!!!!

Depending on how much money/support I can raise, I want to invade Berkeley with an Army of hundreds of USMC supporters and have a day of patriotic good will.  Seriously, we can take over the street and have pizza or something and just ignore the lunatics.

At any rate, please feel free to reach out to me, and spread the word!!!

Sincerely,
Edward Domain
founder, TroopSpace.net