Monday, January 22, 2007

Good Luck and HOOAH!!

The boyfriend's son leaves today for Army Basic Training. So I wanted to say "Good Luck and 'HOOAH'!! to "D". We're so proud of you!

(and who knew? when I joined Soldiers Angels , that I would end up having a soldier so very close to me? )

Speaking of Soldiers Angels (said the segue queen,lol)........I came across two posts regarding them that I wanted to pass on. 

The first is from a fellow member of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll    

Click here: Good News Friday « 2nd Verse - Same as the 1st    (who by the way, has a 'Good News Friday' post every week that you should consider checking out. Yes, I know this is Tuesday....I am SO far behind on everything in the blogosphere:)
 
and the second post is from SC Eagle  
 
 I have posted  frequently about the battle his wife was having with cancer, and then he and his family's loss of her on New Year's Eve. After you are done reading his tribute to Soldiers Angels,( which I think is so very wonderful of him during this difficult time,to be thinking of others and thanking them) please consider reading the rest of his posts about the funeral, and please remember to keep he and his family in your prayers. As we continue to do here.
 
(And I'd also like to ask that you keep my son's fiancee and her family in your prayers, over the recent loss of her grandfather.)
 
This will be a short post, but in honor of one of the US Army's newest recruits, I wanted to close with this video
 

UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY: 

 I think I've mentioned before that I'm prone to dorkiness Yesterday, my plans were to go out to the boyfriend's house to say goodbye to his son one last time before he left for Basic.He was supposed to be leaving at one p.m.

I got a call at 9:24 a.m., saying the plans had changed and he'd be leaving at TEN A.M.!! Yikes!(and they live a little over 30 minutes away!)

So I hurriedly drove out there (naturally observing all speed limit laws, for any police or corrections officers--hi,son--who might be reading this) and arrived shortly before 10. No time to get all 'gushy' or sentimental, it was basically one quick hug and then he was taking off.

Then he ran back into the house for something he forgot, and so I went to the door to wave goodbye as he got back into the car with his ride....and I somehow managed to trip and get my foot caught in the gap at the top of the wooden step and start to fall forwards, and then catch myself by grabbing the door as it swung away from me. ( I did this while WAVING with my HAND, for Pete's sake,got my FOOT caught!.....the classic definition of a dork, I believe)

This was not exactly the picture I wanted to leave him with, of the 'folks back home",rofl. Judging by the look on his face? he was most likely saying to his ride "for heaven's sakes, get me AWAY from here as fast as you can!"

The good part about it is that his Dad didn't have any time to get sad or sentimental right then about his only son leaving....he was bent over laughing too hard.

Well, that's the story of the farewell that I wanted to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!   Well, remembering laughter isn't such a bad thing:)  I do with "D" well there, and all the others.  -- Robin