Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's been quiet on the blog

Have been taking it easy since my last post, and haven't been on the Internet much.

I wanted to pass on my condolences to Emma and her family, on the death of her grandfather. Please hold them in your prayers. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had things I had been bookmarking to pass on, until 'real life' curtailed my blogosphere forays, so I will pass them on now.

I'm sure most of you know by now about Cpl. Jason Dunham being awarded the Medal of Honor last Thursday? (I linked to Vets for Freedom regarding the story, Here  )

Another story I found of interest about that ,which I wanted to pass on, I came across via Blackfive  and that sent me to Euphoric Reality 

regarding some of those who were saved by Cpl. Dunham's heroism.

Next, Indian Chris, who is the founder of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll , had a post up about another cool story regarding the blogroll 

(and he is out in the icy part of the nation right now,stay warm and stay safe,Chris!!)

This news,from the DOD  

" WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2007 - At least 4,000 National Guard citizen-soldiers may spend an extra four months in Iraq as part of the president's troop increase announced yesterday."

Unfortunately affects some online friends, like The Online Chaplain http://theonlinechaplain.typepad.com/theonlinechaplain/2007/01/hurts_when_you_.html

and  Half A World Away

So please also keep all those who were extended in your prayers.

--------------------------------

For some good news? The VA Mortgage Center Blog is having a contest right now http://www.vamortgagecenter.com/blog/

and I think I'm going to just refrain from endorsing any particular blog....too many great blogs are listed, and I just can't say "Pick this one or that one". Instead I will say, go by and check it out, and vote for your favorite!!

Also, friend Paulette 

alerted me Friday about a news show that featured the USO center where she volunteers, and a very special volunteer there. I wasn't able to see it, but found the video link.


Lastly, please help out friend Kat of  Yikes!, with her Valentine Card drive 

This is short,but wanted to let y'all know that I'm still here!

 

No comments: