Thursday, August 30, 2007

Labor day, and Fallen Heroes

Although I'll be off of work on Labor Day itself, I'll be working this weekend. So, I'm posting this a little early, to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day!

 

I'm also unsure if I'll be able to get up a Soldiers Angels Web Surfing post, as tomorrow is going to be very busy for me, with a doctor's appt and then work. Possibly Saturday I can post that? If not, that 'meme' may just have a week off:)

We Were thinking of 'chillaxin" (as the 'young people' say,LOL:) by the pool on Labor Day itself....but we have an opportunity to participate in a Patriot Guard Riders mission near here, and we have decided that we would rather do that, as we have so few opportunities to honor our fallen with the PGR, between our work schedules and the distances sometimes involved in getting to a mission.

S.W.A.C. Girl has a post up about that fallen hero here

 
and,sadly, we had another fallen Marine from our area, who died in a training accident
 
 
Our thoughts and prayers are with their families.
 
(As far as I know, we will be attending the PGR mission honoring Pfc. Wilson, unless the PGR has a mission to honor Lcpl.Harris)
 
Since I may not make it online too much until after Labor Day, I also wanted to share a video that the VFW has put together
 

P>

I wish each of you a safe Labor Day weekend.

 

 

No comments: