Monday, August 27, 2007

Soldiers Angels Web Surfing (A Bit Late,sorry)

My apologies. Between work last week, and getting my daughter ready for school? the week just kind of got away from me without me being able to post the

Soldiers Angels weekly web surf feature until today.

(on a side note,lol, I'm up for the 'evil mom' award, as I had the wicked idea of posting on the dry erase board in our kitchen "5 Days till School Starts",etc.etc, counting down the days....mostly so I could hear my daughter scream "Auggghhh!" every time she walked into the kitchen:)

And on a more somber note? It's also been a difficult week for the

Soldiers Angels Living Legends Team 

as,after a brief respite from receiving any names of the families of fallen soldiers to send condolence cards to, we sadly received far too many names at once following the helicopter crash.

Aimee, as always, remembers our fallen here

Click here: Yahoo! 360° - Life In The Northeast - Remember. . .

We hold their families and friends in our prayers.

-------

For other news by and about  Soldiers Angels  last week?

Soldiers Angels Texas reminds us that Christmas is coming

 
 
The Middle Ground has a great post about Soldiers Angels Kansas City at a VFW convention
 
 
 
Darn it! I missed posting about "Be An Angel Day" on Aug.22, but someone else had that covered:)
 
 
I also missed Mary Ann at Soldiers Angels Germany sharing a birthday with someone very special
 
Click here: SOLDIERSANGELSGERMANY.ORG  (and, I can't seem to permanently link to the post this morning, so please scroll down to her Aug.23 post.)
 
  Happy Belated Birthday wishes  to both Mary Ann and DJ Emory!
 
(ArmyWifeToddlerMom remembered Mary Ann, at least!Along with touting writing to our wounded troops at Landstuhl, as a nice way to honor Mary Ann's birthday.)
 
 
---------
There's a nice post here about one of the many ways Soldiers Angels gets involved, from a blogger I've featured before
 
 
 
And Soldiers Angels and the Patriot Guard Riders are joining forces to help a wounded soldier and his family
 
 
 
Soldiers Angels New York went off on a well-deserved break. Hope you enjoyed your vacation,Laurie!
 
 
 
The inestimable Willie in Germany posts about a Thank You at a 'new to me' blog,
German-American Friendship Bracelet
 
 
(How many places ARE you posting now,Willie? LOL. )
 
Speaking of Germany?  I received a nice email from another German member of Soldiers Angels, and you can check out her blog here
 
 
 
Jim at Thinking Right had a great update on Project Letters from Home (and Soldiers Angels are involved in that,too:)
 
 
 
Here's another new Angel:)
 
 
This is a great site, that has links to patterns
 
 
Lastly, Valour IT has a new website address
 
 
and, Fuzzybearlioness was featured on VAJoe.com
 
 
Well, that's the (belated) post.
(and maybe once we get back into the swing of things after school starts,I can be more timely with my posts,lol:)
 
Hope everyone has a good week!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: