Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 20,2006

Wanted to remind everyone that the Milblogging conference is this weekend

Click here: MilBlog Conference 2006

Wish I could have attended, since it's so close...but I will just have to follow the online updates:)  Speaking of milblogs, the Djibouti blog("totum Depeandent") has disappeared...either shut down by higher ups in the chain of command of the soldier, I suppose, or changed to a private blog? Being able to read the thoughts and activities of soldiers deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan has been an eye opener for me, and that's one of the reasons I think the Milblog conference is a wonderful thing.

SIGN OF THE TIMES? Going through the check out line at the dollar store yesterday, I saw where they have new magnetic ribbons now....instead of red,white, and blue ones saying "Support Our Troops"....they are all blue, and simply say "Bring our troops home safely." Anyone(all two of my readers,lol) have thoughts on this? Please feel free to leave a comment....I think there might be a workaround to having to have an AOL screen name to be able to leave a comment? (If there is, can someone let me know?)I think it might be possible to also leave a comment with an AIM screen name? Wish I was more technical:)   

I realize it might be constraining to have this on AOL precisely because of the above?(needing to have a screen name) but my whole purpose for starting this blog on AOL was to promote Soldiers Angels and supporting the troops using the AOL journal format. So I will continue to try and work within the constraints of that forum.

No comments: