Saturday, April 1, 2006

Just finished a good book

Contrary to what my family thinks,lol, I do actually spend time AWAY from the computer. Just finished reading a good book this morning, "While They're at War...The True Story of American Families on the Homefront" by Kristin Henderson.  A very good read.

Update:  As one of my friends pointed out, I'm not the best book reviewer,lol. I should have said that this was written by the wife of a military chaplain, and her own husband had also been deployed twice when she wrote this book. In response to my friend, it was "real stories about real people", and did NOT have a pro or anti war stance as far as I could tell. One of the things I liked best about it was that it gave me a greater understanding of what military families go through, and a greater respect for the sacrifices they make and what deployment is like for them. God bless our military families!

No comments: