Thursday, April 13, 2006

More of Easter's Dark side....and other things

As Rose commented in the previous entry, there are a lot of cute emails floating around about Easter...just had to post the pic.

And she asked how my middle son was doing? He is LOVING the new job he got at the jail.I am so proud of him, he worked really hard to get that job, and long term hopes to become a police officer.

In the 'this and that' dept......just finished sending an Easter basket to a 'Fisher House' at Walter Reed Army Medical center yesterday. That was a project by Soldiers Angels, if you want to know more about the Fisher Houses,   

Thanks to my oldest son and his fiancee for helping me to get and send the basket!  I'm still slogging away at the job hunt.

In the funny story dept....this past Sat. my daughter went to a party for the handbell choir. When her dad and I picked her up,she was of course telling us about the party and then I heard her say that a boy had 'cut his lip in a treadmill accident'.

I started laughing while her dad asked 'how in the heck do you cut your LIP in a treadmill accident?!did he forget to walk, or what?" and she replied "he wouldn't really give us the specifics of the accident!" By this time, I am leaning my head against the window and laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes...becase,A. of all the pictures in my head of how this accident COULD have happened and B. because if you had asked me to guess for a million years about "things she will tell us after the party"...I never would've guessed THAT!

Then, yesterday at my boyfriend's son's track meet...my boyfriend says "oh, your sister sent my son a mammogram for graduation."   I'm going "she sent a WHAT?!": (thinking to myself, why would she send THAT?) and he said 'a mammogram..." I said "um...honey...a mammogram is a test for ...um.....women's breasts."  and he say "Oh! I meant that she sent a MONEYGRAM!'  ROFL. My life is always so interesting.:)

Well, I hope everyone has a happy Easter weekend. Please remember all of our troops in your prayers, and God bless!

No comments: