Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Mishmash

Just a jumble of things to pass on :)

I live in a Patriotic State  

 Click here: Va. Guard recruiting goals right on target - News - inRich.com

This was extremely cool.

'Band of Brothers' Kinship Endures - AOL News

A great post

Click here: A Soldier’s Mind » In The Company Of Heroes

A great article.

Click here: In a Place of Pain and Recovery, Room to Romp - washingtonpost.com

------------------

Under the heading of 'You Never Know....", you never know if or when you'll ever hear back from a soldier you write to or send a care package to....so I was surprised and pleased not too long ago to receive a Thank You email from the commanding officer of a unit we had sent a Christmas package in 2005. (We got the address from Anysoldier.com )

He apologized for taking so long to send his Thanks, but said that while they'd been deployed, their operational situation had been such that it was difficult to send letters or emails individually to all their supporters.

The main reason I'm passing this on is because of one paragraph in his email:

 I just want to say from the bottom of my heart how much I appreciated
your gifts, care packages, DVDs, and prayers.  They were life savers
and a great reminder to us all of the love and support our fellow
Americans had for us and the mission.

Because those words are the reason we troop supporters write the letters we write, send the cards, and send the care packages.

We don't expect, want, or need their thanks. (although it's always a boost to receive it:) We just want to send that love and support.

---------------

Another message I recently received came in a note of thanks I received from a family I'd sent a condolence card as part of  Soldiers Angels Living Legends Team

I'm always touched to receive a note from one of the families, by their taking time to send a Thank You to a complete stranger, in the midst of their grief. (And always slightly uncomfortable....I hope they didn't feel obligated to send a note, when all I wanted as part of the team was to express my sympathy and support?)

What made this note stand out was one line.

We will be Soldiers Angels soon.

That filled me with awe. That folks who have just lost a loved one could turn around and reach out to others as their response to their loss.

Being a troop supporter sure has given me exposure to many amazing and wonderful people.

-------------

That's my 'mishmash' I wanted to pass on this Monday. Wishing all of you a Wonderful Week.

 


 

No comments: