Friday, October 12, 2007

Where did the week go?

After JP so nicely claimed that I 'keep up' with things on Milblogging.com And in the milblogosphere,LOL, I completely fell down on getting any more posts up after Weds. This week just seemed both extra long, and also seemed to fly by way too fast.

I did see a few things while web surfing that I wanted to pass on, the first one being that yes, Sack Did run the Chicago Marathon. I Totally forgot, after promoting his run way back when he was in Iraq, to check his blog Before the race.

He only has his pre-race post up thus far, but per the comments, he finished the race.

Click here: Half a World Away: Hey There

Which means, if you recall, that the Fisher House foundation got $2,237.00 from the pledges that all You fine folks made......Just Awesome!

I also said earlier this week that Eric Edmundson's CaringBridge page would surely have an update about his key ceremony for his family's new home....and it's up now, please go by and check it out.

Eric Edmundson

Soldier's Angel Holly Aho, who's been MIA for a bit, popped back up to mention, among other things, that her son started a blog

Click here: Soldiers' Angel - Holly Aho - My son started a blog

and here is his blog

Click here: blogger USA

Because I was specifically trying to mark important milblog posts to pass on, so as not to make JP look like a liar, LOL, I just wanted to say that this blog is Always a good read

Click here: The D-Ring

This combat medic has one of the best posts up I've seen in a long time

Click here: Far From Perfect

Blackfive is up for a scholarship, and you can vote to help him get it, to which I was first alerted by this blog post

Click here: J’s Cafe Nette » Blog Archive » 2007 Blogger Scholarship Finalist Ballot

and everyone is gearing up for Valour IT competition again.

Click here: 2007 ValOUR-IT Dates Set - 10/28 - 11/13/2007! - - It’s not random, it’s CHAOS!

Lastly, there's a blog conference coming up (that I sure wish I could attend!:)

BlogWorld & New Media Expo is proud to welcome Milbloggers and readers of Milblogging.com!

We here are, as I may or may not have mentioned, getting ready for our MP to come home for a few weeks prior to his deployment. Only one more week till he gets here:)And now, I'm going to post the weekly Soldiers Angels web surfing, and then get some Much needed sleep, since I worked night shift last night.

No comments: