Sunday, March 12, 2006

Apparently.....

In my previous entry, I wrote about my difficulty with stamps. Apparently, I have the same trouble with using the phone?      I was helping my boyfriend install DSL, and we had a glitch that said "contact tech. support." So I dutifully called, and then while talking to the tech and describing my problem,she makes a suggestion that perhaps I need to switch something on the phone line/DSL connection.....which I proceed to do!

And he, across the room, is realizing what I am doing and trying to say...."DON'T do that while you are ON the phone, you'll get disconnected!" (which I realized like immediately as I was already pulling the line out...just that second too late:)But all he managed to get out was the 'D" before I was talking to dead air and saying "umm.....that was dumb."

Happily, we reconnected with tech support and got the problem solved.

But you know you're addicted to writing support letters when somewhere in the back of your head while all this is happening, there's a little voice saying 'hey, I can put this story in a letter!"

No comments: