Friday, March 10, 2006

What kind of people join Soldiers Angels?

They're young and old....a lot of them are mothers or fathers.....some are veterans, and some have never had any contact with anything military before. Some are even from other countries.

In my own case......I'm sort of a 'dork',lol. I always seem to manage to have kind of unusual experiences. Like not too long ago, I somehow managed when pulling up to the drive-thru window at Dairy Queen to hit the metal 'Children's Miracle Network' donation thing hanging down from their window with my side mirror. I think this might have happened because I was trying to do two things at once! and you'd think after all these years that I'd have realized that's a recipe for potential disaster. (I was driving and getting my cash out at the same time.) Which my sister informed me after I told her about it that SOME people CAN accomplish without hitting anything.But I am apparently NOT one of those people.

But the nice thing about Soldiers Angels is that even people like me can join and write letters! Although recently I sent my boyfriend into convulsions of laughter when I was addressing a letter and putting the stamp on, and I suddenly said to him,"Hey! Did you know these stamps are of the Statue of Liberty? You're supposed to put them with the Statue upright,I guess....I think I have been putting my stamps on wrong! I just saw that white writing on the side that said "first class mail" and made sure that was upright. I never knew what the picture was that was on the stamp till today...probably because when you put the words upright, the picture is sideways. I always wondered what the picture was, it looked kind of funny?"

When he finally stopped laughing and was wiping the tears from his eyes, he just shook his head and said "only you." A phrase I've heard from people before, and expect I will again.

But I share these stories so you'll know that ANYONE can support the troops. 

No comments: