Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's....snowing and sleeting...Happy Spring?

Here in the 'great state of Virginia' it has started snowing/sleeting.Yuck!I love snow,but I hate that old 'wintry mix' as they call it. Although we need the moisture,hadn't gotten much of anything this winter.

Of course, on a day like today....good day to be inside! And I can write some more letters!

Hadn't been on the computer much lately, my daughter was in the school play this past weekend.They did a good job ("The Lion,the Witch, and the Wardrobe") Drama has been a wonderful opportunity for my daughter, she has been involved in it these past 3 years in middle school. Next year the last 'chick' in the nest heads to high school...yikes....time flies!But my oldest son and his fiancee are going to be providing me with a grandchild, so the old 'circle of life' continues on.

I am excited about being a grandmother, and at the same time I feel FAR too young to be one,lol.

Was honored to be included in Holly Aho's listings on Sunday of Soldiers Angels blogs

 
Thanks!Holly:)
 
Got a nice email from a soldier I had sent a card to in Iraq(I always include my email address in letters/cards)   it said in part......"IT WAS NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE IS PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CARE ABOUT US AND THINK ABOUT US.".....and also...." THANK U FOR THE LETTERS IT REALLY HELP US TO KEEP GOING ".
 
When you get a response like that, how can you NOT want to spend the time it takes to keep sending those cards and letters? So, I'm off to work on some more.And if YOU were wondering how you can join the Soldiers Angels Letter Writing Team?
 

No comments: