Sunday, May 14, 2006

the 1016th July 4th Project,An Awesome Poet, Wounded Marines,Bears

Hey, remember the 1016th from Idaho? Click here: 1016th

Their Family Readiness Group (FRG) is ALSO trying to get together a Fourth of July mailing to the unit  If you would like to send a postcard ,card,or letter to "Any Soldier"?You can send them to:       

Carla TenEyck
339 Gladstone Street
Idaho Falls ID  83401

 (So now that's THREE July 4th projects I've alerted you to,lol. Three great ways to support our troops! See my previous post for the other two projects.)

And I came across this site last night   Click here: Tennessee Poet's Website

This Marine writes Wonderful poetry. I emailed him, and received a very gracious reply....go check him out!!!:)

Via another Soldiers Angel member, I became aware of this site

Click here: Newsradio 850 KOA

This guy does a newsradio show in Denver, and the station has adopted the Delta Company Marines. If you click on WOUNDED DELTA COMPANY MARINES NEED YOUR LOVE on the page, it lists their addresses and he is asking for folks to send cards to these injured Marines. You can also click on MARINES READY FOR ADOPTION, CONTACT AND SUPPORT on that same page, and it will tell you how to mail letters/postcards/whatever to the deployed Marines. I found someone from my state!see if you can find someone from yours!   At the very least, please consider sending a card to each of the wounded he lists, and Thank you!if you do.

Lastly, isn't the above bear adorable?:) You can find them here

Click here: BraveHeart Bears™

The reason I'm telling you about them is that 'small stuffed animals' is one of the things listed in this SoldiersAngels Germany post asking for donations

 
Landstuhl is the hospital in Germany where the soldiers wounded overseas are taken. You can find out more about it here  Click here: LRMC Home Page
 
Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the wounded Marines needing to get cards, my family will be sure to add them to our growing list.

I totally loved the Tennesse Poet link, thanks so much for putting these links in your blog.  

God bless and I'm sure we'll cross paths again this week!

Missy

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Missy,I know y'all always do so much!:)