Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Soldiers Angels Valour IT,CNN Specials,and This and That

I was getting ready to post about  Soldiers Angels Valour IT project  and saw where Laurie at Soldiers Angels New York  had beaten me to the punch!

That's OK, long as you learn something about this wonderful project.Check out all her links,she's got it covered!(Scroll back UP on the link,I am still 'half a geek' and can't figure out all this 'trackback' stuff very well....btw,any help in that area?feel free to email me and say "THIS is how you do it,silly!":)

I got an email from a military wife,alerting me to this special coming up  Click here: CNN PRESENTS: WOUNDED WARRIORS (airing Memorial Day weekend May 27th & 28th)

which seems an alternative for those of us who couldn't watch the HBO special that Missy mentions here Click here: Yahoo! 360° - Motormouth in all her glory - Something America needs to see -May 22, 2006

and CNN has a number of specials for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend,you can check them out here  Click here: CNN Pressroom

I received another unexpected  response today from a soldier....a wounded soldier I had sent a card to, who said "I made myself a promise to respond to each card and letter personally".and then thanked ME for taking the time to send a card!!!How incredible is that....I am always overwhelmed by the amazing soldiers I am privileged to come into contact with through  Soldier Angels.

And regarding "supporting the troops"? Kat has an important 'rant' up that I think is worth a read  

 Click here: Yikes!: "ARE YOU TIRED?"

Speaking for myself, yes, there are times I lag behind on writing letters because life has gotten busy, or just don't seemto have the same level of motivation ...but then I think of all the times I have received a letter, or email, or note in reply to something I've sent ....notes that say to me that what I'm doing DOES mean something to someone,that it is important to them to know that someone cares?    And I find renewed committment.

I don't mean to imply that I'm doing it BECAUSE I've received replies....those are rare (and treasured!:) I just mean that those few replies have made me feel that all the others who haven't replied? it probably meant just as MUCH to them, to receive a word of support or encouragement. And so, I keep writing, or sending cards.

Because, as Kat says...."if we won't do it,who will?"

 

No comments: