Thursday, May 4, 2006

Entry for May 04, 2006 National Day of Prayer

It seemed fitting for the National Day of Prayer to feature THE ONLINE CHAPLAIN 
 
Here I found a prayer for our troops    
 
And via Kat at Yikes!
 
Via Soldiers Angel-Holly Aho 
 
I would also ask that you continue prayers for my relative who was hit head on last week by a drunk driver. I recieved an update yesterday that he had to return to the ICU for at least 24 hours. He's 83 years old, and one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.
 
I will be praying for all of you today, and I thank God for each of you and the blessings you bring to my life!Image
 
I leave you with this:
 
2006 Prayer for the Nation Oh Heavenly Father, You have made Yourself known to us as a nation by Your mighty works throughout our history.
From the beginning, You have
been with us through many wars and conflicts; Your right
arm has saved us. We have
been amazingly and
graciously blessed.


Today, we confess our sin
of not responding to Your
right to rule in our lives and our nation. Too often we have
despised and rejected Your will while imposing our own, and we
are now facing the consequences
of our disobedience.
Draw us back to Yourself
that we may return to Your
ways once again.
Without You we can do nothing.
You have promised that if we
honor You, You will once again honor this great nation.


That is our fervent prayer.
For Your honor
and glory we pray,
Amen.

No comments: