Monday, May 1, 2006

Potpourri--Blogs,Books,Anysoldier.com,etc.

Posting the pic to ask you to remember my previous post

Came across a blogger today who reminded me of  why I joined Soldiers Angels, and why I started this blog  Click here: The Babylon Blog: Mail Call! and what caught my eye in his post was this....."Even in this high-tech war of email and satellite phone communication, there’s still something special about old-fashioned mail."

And when I went by Anysoldier.com today, they have started a new system   

Click here: http://anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/

Then I came across a blogger who has a wish that you might be able to help with

On the side of his blog, he has posted in part....."You know I’d like to be on the Top 100 of Milblogging.com.........So, I’m asking you to go ahead and go over to www.milblogging.com and register.After registering you'll have to sign in, and click on “Add to Favorites” while viewing the milblog on Milblogging.com.You'll be able to find my listing after doing a search for THUNDERHORSE ROUGHNECK. Remember, just scroll to the bottom of my listed page and click ADDTO FAVORITES.....Thanks!"

Think y'all could help him get his wish? (Ha! and I know new dad JP probably wouldn't mind the traffic and the registration,lol,over at  www.milblogging.com.)

I had posted previously that I had read Kristin Henderson's book  Click here: Kristin Henderson and While They're at War  and yesterday she had an interesting article in the Washington Post magazine on Chaplains   Click here: 'In the Hands of God'

I also just finished reading "No True Glory"  Click here: Amazon.com: No True Glory : A Frontline Account of the Battle for Fallujah: Books: Bing West  which was an incredibly riveting book about the 2004 battle for Fallujah. There were MANY Marines I consider heroic featured in the book, but two who I know have recently received medals are    Carlos Gomez-Perez    Click here: Article: News - Camp Pendleton Marine receives Silver Star 

and then Blackfive had a post today about  Brad Kasal receiving a medal  

 
Lastly, deployment draws nearer for a blogger I've posted about before at "My OIF Deployment"   Click here: 21 Days Til I'm on Federal Active Duty!!!! 

No comments: