Monday, May 22, 2006

Things I didn't do this weekend,lol,things I did, and Girl Scout Cookies!

Well, I didn't make it to the 142nd New Market Battle Reenactment.

Where 257 Cadets from the
Virginia Military Institute
made the difference between
victory and defeat...

But you can find out more about it here   Click here: New Market Home Page

(We've been other years,just had stuff to do on Sat.)While I was surfing the site,I came across something about one of the cadets, which led me to search for the book it inspired

 

which reminded me that a fellow Soldiers Angel member has ALSO written some books.Her site is here, go check it out!

 

I also didn't go to the Joint Service Open House at Andrews AFB up the road, but if you like planes, check out this page from their site 

 

 

Things we DID do this weekend were go to church for Youth Sunday to hear my daughter sing a solo, and she did a wonderful job! and to hear her cousin preach the sermon...he also did a great job! I can't put a link to my church because we don't have a web page, gaspImage(and the pastor has never responded to my email about that yet!)

 

and then we all went back to my aunt and uncle's house for a big 'feed',so we had a great time of food and fellowship. (and then waddled home afterwards to watch Detroit beat Cleveland.:)

Speaking of foodImage the Soldiers Angels store now has Girl Scout cookies in that you can ship to a soldier!!!  

 

Why not send a little bit of 'home' to some hungry soldiers?Image

 Have a great day!

No comments: