Thursday, June 15, 2006

Chaplains, and books:),and Valour IT

A notification today that one of the chaplain's blogs I read had updated, reminded me that there are three chaplain's blogs I have come across.

I did a quick search on Milblogging.com for chaplains (I use Milblogging.com almost everyday, lol, it's so handy to have around when you're looking for milblogs in any form.) but sadly it seems that a majority of chaplain's blogs are a year old or older, other than the three I am going to mention.

The update I received was from The Online Chaplain  (which is also listed over in my favorite sites.)

This reminded me to go check out the other chaplain's blogs I knew about. (I am sadly behind on 'surfing' milblogs, with starting my new job:)

They are:

There and back again

and a new one that JP had listed on Milblogging.com

A Chaplain's Journey

Kristin Henderson, the author of  While They're at War  a book I read not too long ago, had an article in the Washington Post magazine about chaplains that was very interesting   Click here: 'In the Hands of God'

Via the Soldiers Angels forums  I heard about two books by chaplains that I'm going to be looking for:

 
 
 
(and if anyone has already read these, please feel free to leave a review in the comments!)
 
Why am I posting about chaplains? Well, it's an excuse to let you know that
Soldiers Angels among the many things they do, has a Chaplains Support Team.
You must be a registered member of Soldiers Angels to join that team, and I couldn't find a direct link in the Teams listing, but just wanted to pass that info along.
 
Moving along in the 'Books' category, I just wanted to put in a plug for an online friend who has written a book
 
and her online profile is here 
 
And I have mentioned Valour IT before ,but there is a current call out for fundraising, and I came across the official Valour It blog so thought you might want to check it out
 
Not sure if I'll get a 'Weekend Surf' report up, lol, my 'other half' and I have a chance for a weekend alone as our daughter will be gone to camp!!!
(Since he's a soccer fan, I have a feeling we'll be watching the U.S. team play in the World Cup tournament on Saturday:)
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links.

I've collected a list of Army Chaplain Bloggers at http://squidoo.com/chaplain .

There are several active Chaplain Candidate blogs listed too.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!   THANK YOU!!!!:)