Friday, June 9, 2006

More about Backpacks

Sorry it took me till the end of the week to get another post up, have been starting the new job and my youngest turned up with strep throat at the beginning of the week (so she missed the first 3 days of the last week of school.)

Today I went to school to see her get an award for the Performing Arts in the middle school award ceremony, she had no idea she was getting it :) but her teacher had emailed me to let me know. I am very proud of all the hard work she has done the past 3 years in the choral group, the handbell choir, and drama. (just had to have that 'Mom' moment,lol.)

My last post mentioned the Soldiers Angels First Response backpacks, and there is a posting about this months visit to Landstuhl by Soldiers Angels Germany

And at the beginning of the month the founder of  Soldiers Angels had posted this letter:

Mail from the founder "Soldiers Angels"

Dear Soldiers Angels,

We are in the midst of our fourth deployment, and I know you are all tired, you have been restlessly trying to get supplies to our wounded in The Mid east and Germany and we have been able to help many heroes. Unfortunately we still have many wounded coming in daily and Willie in Germany truly needs your help.

Please consider once again gathering all your energy and get needed items to our heroes.

We need T-shirts large sizes
boxers
socks
microwave food
letters of encouragement
entertainment items
blankets of hope
gifts for the families

ship to:

21st TSC, Medical Transient Detachment
ATTN: Soldiers' Angels
UNIT 23203
APO AE 09263

If you need a donation receipt just email me.

Thank you all for without our collaborative efforts we could not reach as many heroes,

Patti Bader

May no soldier go unloved.
May no soldier walk alone.
May no soldier be forgotten,
Until they all come home.

So once again,if you're interested in learning more about the backpacks, click here
 
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
(I may or may not get a 'weekend surf' post up,lol,haven't had much time to 'surf' myself this week!)
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments: