Saturday, June 24, 2006

More on What a Letter Means to a Soldier

The problem with having over 43 'milblogs' that I really, really like to read,lol, and  working full-time again, is that I can't always read all of them all the time!

But tonight after work I stopped by one of my favorites 

JUST ANOTHER THUNDERHORSE ROUGHNECK!

and found this post  about Pete receiving letters from some Soldiers Angels 

Please go read the whole post   but if you've ever wondered whether it really means anything to take the time to write to a soldier? Here is in part what Pete had to say

 Sure I like getting e-mails but it’s not the same as getting a letter. A letter is more physical. I could actually touch and feel the letter and envelope. I know that someone has sat down and wrote something out on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and mailed it to the post office. It’s a lot more than just sitting at a computer and typing away.

And I loved this line,lol.

 I bet the other guys in the platoon were jealous.

What really blew my mind,though, was that this was in response to Pete getting TWO letters!!!

So, if you're thinking that taking the time to sit down and write one letter won't make much of a difference? Think again!(And then maybe sit down and write? )

 

 


 

No comments: