Friday, June 23, 2006

The Power of the Internet and People Working Together

When I came home from work last night and went by  Milblogging.com    I was led to this article 

  WOUNDED TROOPS RECEIVE LAPTOPS FROM SOLDIERS ANGELS

Then I happened to stop by one of the first milblogs I ever started reading  and realized this was an 'anniversary'

(Note:Some language in Chuck's Posts)

 
Hard to believe it has been a year! This sent me down memory lane.It was posts like this
 
that first attracted me to Chuck's blog.
 
And then came that awful day when this was posted
 
and hundreds of people rallied in prayer and good wishes for the Ziegenfuss family.We followed the story of his recovery via his wife posting at first, and then as Chuck started posting, there came this
 
It is both amazing and inspiring to me, that from that one little post, the Valour IT project was born.
Here's some more of those original posts about the "Beginnings of Project Valour IT"
 
 
 
 
This, to me, is everything that is good about the Internet, and about people working together to do something for our wounded troops.
 
And it went from those beginnings to the article about the wounded soldiers receiving laptops and to this, from the Valour IT blog
 
 
FIVE HUNDRED wounded soldiers receiving laptops!!!And all because of one little post a year ago by a wounded soldier, and the response that post generated.
 
 
I just call that awesome.

No comments: