Friday, June 16, 2006

Weekend Surfing

Well, I have some time before getting ready for work,so thought I'd throw together a 'weekend surf' post after all.

First of all, there are two blogs that also offer pointers to 'places to check out on the web'. Although their computers are down right now, Mudville Gazette's Dawn Patrol  is THE place I always go first to check out what's what with milblogs.

And David over at The Thunder Run always has interesting 'recons' of what's out there.

I have exciting news:) one of the greatest troop supporters I know, Kat at Yikes! has become a member of  Soldiers Angels!!! Welcome to the fold,Kat!!!

Through her, I came across one of the best descriptions I've seen of what it's like for soldiers to receive the packages that we supporters send. 

Click here: MedicEvolved.net

 

And for those who are interested in supporting the families of deployed troops? Renee has a program she's started. Click here: Deployed Family Support

Capt.B at One Marines View asks "Are you tired of hearing the media badger the military? Do you want to send a message to all of the service members fighting the war on terrorism? "Click here: One Marine's View: HAD ENOUGH?

Stopped by Sgt. Allen's blog last night, and he has been getting out and about! Go check him out  http://contactright.blogspot.com/  ( And by the way, he is one of the Valour IT recipients .)

I've mentioned the Patriot Guard Riders before, but did you know they have a photos page?(Takes awhile to load) Click here: Index of - ASP ListPics

Speaking of photos? I have a Flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasee102/  (which I'm supposed to somehow be able to link on this Journal,lol, but I keep messing it up, so I'll just post it this way!)

And if you are a world traveler? Heidi at Learning to Live has a Travel Trivia feature (that I can't play,lol, because the only time I've ever been across a border is over 20 years ago when my family went to the Canadian side of Niagra falls:)

 
Well, that's the latest edition of weekend surfing. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
And,as always, God bless our troops!

No comments: