Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The After Christmas Review

OK,really lame play on the military phrase "After Action Review",but hey...if you were expecting Hemingway or something,you wouldn't be here,would you?

Hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas! We had a very nice one this year, particularly the Grandson,who will now need a room added to the house for all his gifts,LOL. (I got him what I call a 'chewable Bible"...one of those heavy board books, perfect for reading AND teething, and how often does that happen?)

The lighthouse picture with this post is in honor of the fact that it was a "lighthouse Christmas" for yours truly......I received everything from a Thomas Kinkaid lighthouse picture to.....lighthouse salt and pepper shakers!!

It was also a 'bookish' Christmas...I received two books I had REALLY wanted

Blood Brothers: Among the Soldiers of Ward 57 by Michael Weisskopf

and American Mourning by Catherine Moy and Melanie Morgan

I'll give y'all reviews after I read them (and yikes! I already needed to read a Dean Koontz and John Grisham that my uncle had lent me, so I definitely need to go stick my head in a book soon!!) Both those books were on my Amazon wishlist, which by the way has books about the war AND books about Great Lakes shipwrecks listed....what this says about me? I'm not really sure.

So, my thanks to Ben and Emma, and also my youngest sis and her husband , for getting me the books, and my thanks to my non-blogging sis, who gave me the Barnes and Noble gift certificate, so I can get even More books!!! and also thanks to Mom and Dad, who sent WAY too much stuff,as usual...(this is NOT a complaint,Mom,LOL) because included among the 'stuff' was.....FOOD!! another personal favorite of mine! the sausage and cheese gift box(said the much-larger- than- she -was- before -Christmas woman:) And thanks,too, to the greatest brother in the world( he knows why:)

We celebrated our Christmas on Christmas eve after the candlelight service at church,since I had to work 11 pm Christmas eve to 7 am Christmas morning (and the slackers that live here,LOL, didn't want to get up that early if they didn't have to,to open gifts:)

Then I went to work, and during some down-time while that traditional Christmas movie...'Groundhog Day' (???)...played on television, I worked on some cards to send out for the Living Legends team for Soldiers Angels

And that's pretty much my After Christmas Review....in the "Dorks R Us" category, I have No Christmas pics to post,LOL, as no one remembered to TAKE any pictures!! I Do have a new pic of me posted,which the Patriot Guard Riders Ride Captain took at the Wreaths Across America ceremony and passed on,Thanks! Dew!(this would be the pic of me holding the flag in the cemetary.)

The Wednesday Hero post is below, and I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: