Saturday, December 30, 2006

"Charity Tag Meme" (I got sidetracked:)

Another post under the category of "I started out in one place on the Internet, and ended up in another totally unexpected place....and how it happened",LOL.

So, I got home from work tonight and. as all Grandmothers with Geeky Tendancies are wont to do....started surfing Technorati . My Watchlist includes a search for blog posts with "Soldiers Angels" (go figure,huh? :) and I clicked on a link to this post 

 
which was talking about a Charity Tag Meme
 
Definition: In the world of blogs and bloggers, a meme is an idea, question, statement or project that is posted in one blog and answered to in many other blogs.(Got the definition here )
 
Cao's Blog post led me to the original blog that posted the meme 
 
and here is in part what was posted there: 
Charity Tag Meme
As a blogger, people may know you, but how good does anyone ever really know anyone? One way to get to know someone better is for them to talk about charities they support. What if bloggers were to go down a path of thinking about some of the people they only know of in the blogosphere and for a moment considered the human aspects of blogging and for a moment forgot about talking about business, technology or whatever their blog theme is. What if the game of Blog-Tag going around the blogosphere in which bloggers are sharing five things about themselves that relatively few people know, and then tagging five other bloggers to be "it" morphed into bloggers sharing the five charities they believe are most worthy of contribution?
 
The reason I was led to the Cao's blog post in response to this was that Cao listed Soldiers Angels as one of the five charities. (check out the whole list  , in particular Lizzie's Troop Batteries )
 
After reading James McGovern's original post about the Charity Tag Meme , I started looking through the other blogs besides Cao's blog that were linked to the post,to see what charities were on their lists. On one of those blogs,there was a comment asking who James McGovern was?......so,yes,Virginia, I Googled him,lol, after looking at his Blogger User Profile  and I found this on the IT Toolbox  Click here: jmcgovern    
 
I also found myself wondering "what the heck is 'enterprise architecture'? 
enterprise architecture



DEFINITION - An enterprise architecture (EA) is a conceptual blueprint that defines the structure and operation of an organization. The intent of an enterprise architecture is to determine how an organization can most effectively achieve its current and future objectives
(with more of the definition here :
 
and then between Googling James McGovern and enterprise architecture, I found myself reading quite a bit of stuff that made my head hurt......I don't know if it's because it's so late at night, or because my brain is shrinking as I grow older.....but once I started surfing briefly the other IT blogs that referenced Mr. McGovern,etc......I felt pretty much like a kindergardener who had suddenly been placed in a Phd program,rofl.
 
At any rate, this Charity Tag Meme seemed like a very cool idea.  And I was also once again delightedly startled by where you can end up going on the Internet.....from searching for posts about Soldiers Angels to reading something posted by someone who has also written a book called  Enterprise Service Oriented Architectures: Concepts, Challenges, Recommendations  .....just really did NOT see THAT one coming,LOL.
 
And it will be interesting to see if this Charity Tag Meme takes off ? If it does, maybe it will help this guy out in his quest to Measure the Speed of a Meme 
 
(which I came across because I checked Technorati for the tag "charity meme" and saw this post  Click here: Enter the Jabberwock - Campfire of the Vanities .....do you see now how I can sometimes get totally lost when surfing the web,lol?)
 
Well, that's my post for today, and in case I don't make it back before then, I also want to wish everyone a
 
 

No comments: