Sunday, October 15, 2006

"It Only Takes One Person To Make A Difference"

Via  Blackfive and then One Marine's View ,I was led to the original posting on this story here on One Marine's View:

Can you imagine this... a young soldier... (and a purple heart recipient) is called upon to serve his country.. twice... leaving behind a young wife and his children. While in Iraq, he hears of abuse allegations and he expresses his wishes and fears to social workers after his 9 year old daughter was hospitalized, only to be told he has no parental say so because he is not in this country, but told that "the wife is the custodial parent.... she is here" and he is expected to carry out his dangerous missions as he is wondering who is helping to protect his own children back home. (Read the entire post  HERE )

After reading these, I went by the V.O.I.C.E.S. site

 
and read Chelsea's Letter, from a link on that site:
 
Dear Judge and the Attorneys,
My name is Chelsie and I am now ten years old. I have been waiting and waiting for a chance to talk to the Judge to tell him why I am afraid for my little sister and my little brother and for me to go back to Louisiana but nobody lets me talk or will listen to me. I was afraid last year and they let me stay with my Nana and Papa till my dad came home from Iraq, now they say I have to go back to live with my mom. That's not right.
My dad fought in the war and he was very brave and now he has to fight for us. He is a good dad and we know he loves us very much. He takes care of us and makes sure we do our homework so we can grow up smart.
My dad gave us his Purple Heart because we were brave while he was gone. It is very special and it makes us feel like everything will be okay. I don't have any money except a little in my purse but if an attorney would work for us to make sure we don't have to go back to our bad life where bad things happened I would give you the Purple Heart. I love it and I think it must be worth a lot of money because you have to be brave to get one. My dad has spent all of his money on the attorneys and they tell him he has to get another one there in Louisiana. If you know anybody who needs a Purple Heart please call me. I don't want to be afraid anymore.
Love,
Chelsie
 
And I was reduced to tears.
 
While the heartening news is that the children were temporarily placed back with their Dad last weekend (and their older brother is also shown in this pic with them)
 
the site will tell you that the fight is not over yet.
 
So I am reposting this, to try in my own small way to help 'get the word out' and get this former Army soldier and his children as much support as possible.
 
Please feel free to repost, to pass the word and the site links via emails, and to do whatever you can to pass this along. At the very least, I hope you will join me and so many others in sending up prayers for these children and their father and family.
 
( And Bryan Fluharty was originally listed on  Anysoldier.com while he was deployed....his postings there are still up, you have to click on "Where to Send', and then 'Search AnySoldier.com Contacts' and then on the 'Search' form, click 'OLD' and type in the name 'Fluharty')
 
Whatever you can do to help? As Maj. Pain says "It Only Takes One Person to Make a Difference."
 
 
 
Tags  , ,

No comments: