Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Web Wanderings

I guess I really can't refer to my meanderings around the web as 'surfing' when I have run out of beach pictures to post....so I'll just call them 'Wanderings' and post whatever pics I want The above being another shot of Gooseberry Falls  (and I am going to have to either go on vacation again somewhere soon, start taking some more pics around here, or start stealing pics from my sis and brother-in-law:)

Before I start my wandering, I want to give a big Thanks! to Fred Langa at Langa.com , for listing this little blog as one of the web sites in 'Load the Code' in his LangaList newsletter (and Welcome! to any readers who might have come this way because of that:) I came across the LangaList several years ago, and I have learned a great many things about computers and computing from the newsletter, and look forward to continuing to learn new 'geek' stuff,lol,which the great thing about the newsletter is even a 'half a geek' like me can understand it.

AUCTION

A Swift Kick and a Bandaid sent me to The Radio Patriots for this info about: 

  The count is underway for an October 19th launch of the e-Bay auction of Lt. Col. Buzz Patterson's books benefiting Army Spc. Reid "SC Eagle" Stanley at KAFSTORM.blogspot.com and his wife Ellicia. The auction bidding will begin at 10 p.m. ET, Thursday night, 10/19.

Constitutional Public Radio is honored to join Buzz Patterson in this 10-day-long benefit auction for Army Spc. Reid Stanley and Ellicia, who is battling cancer of the brain, breast, and lungs. SC Eagle, stationed in Germany, was deployed to Afghanistan, and now faces another, more personal war, one with Ellicia's life in the balance. They have three young children. And mounting expenses.

(Read the whole post here ) That starts TONIGHT,folks!

ON THE WAY HOME

Yay! Sean at Doc in the Box !

BLOG CLOSING :(

Some Soldiers Mom has decided to hang up her 'blogging boots' after almost 2 years. Very sad to see her go,hers was one of the very first milblogs I ever started reading...but wish her all the best in the future! A very great lady.

AN INTERVIEW ON MILBLOGGING.COM

Check out Keith Kawasaki's interview with Murph of Three Hour Tour 

 
(and then go check out Murph's blog:)
 
MORE FROM 'THE SANDBOX'
 
I find myself going by there pretty often, there's just some great stuff continually being posted there. I really like this post
 
and then I also went to check out Capt.Traversa's blog 
 
PENDLETON 8/INNOCENT 8
 
This guy is asking some good questions ,and his entire blog seems a  good read  
 
Other places to go for the latest updates?
 
 
(Hat Tips to Yankeemom and Andi's World , for pointing me in those directions.)
 
I 'wandered' around quite a bit more....but I have a 14 year old breathing down my neck,lol, who wants 'her' computer time,so I guess it's time to close this post.
 
Before I do,though, just in case there ARE any first time readers stopping by here ?(and looking for ways to support the troops?)
You can check out my blogroll, or read this from the archives for a few suggestions 
 
This is How It Started for this blog
 
Here's something about letters from the troops
 
 
And here's a little something about my 'Angels Work'
 
Thanks! to all who stopped by, and God bless our Troops!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tags

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always love to check out your links ;)
hope you have a goodnight!
thanks for shairing
Emily