Friday, May 18, 2007

Soldiers Angels Web Surfing

Well, Friday is almost over, but I am trying to make this a weekly feature,passing on mentions of Soldiers Angels that I find around the web.

The  Soldiers Angels Network  blog and PR Director Shelle Michaels is doing a great job of  keeping us current on mentions of Soldiers Angels in the news media, so I'm going to direct you to that blog to keep up on that side of things

and I'll just pass on blog posts by New members of Soldiers Angels (Yay!New 'Angels"!  ) and blog posts by other members of Soldiers Angels.

NEW ANGELS

Members of  Soldiers Angels can be found in every corner of the world, and from all sides of the political spectrum, and I'm always happy to see a post by someone who has just joined. I got an alert from two such blog posts this past week.

Click here: Life in the Sprung: 14 May 2007

Click here: free heart reflections: The World is Bigger Than Me and My Family

Welcome! to both these new members  Happy "Angeling",as we say!

Blog Posts

This is by no means a definitive listing of posts,  but here are a few of the posts I wanted to pass on, by other members of Soldiers Angels.

Blogging about what happened After the  Milblog Conference  (and oh, how I wish I could have stayed in DC to attend this!) is Laurie from Soldiers Angels New York

Click here: Soldiers Angels New York: Sunday at Walter Reed

Also blogging about Soldiers Angels presence at the Milblog Conference (AND just doing some great blogging in general, check out her post about "Anatomy of a Care Package") is an Angel that I had the privilege of meeting when we volunteered at the 2007 Face of America Bike ride a few weeks ago.

So, check out this post by Lisa

and then just go check out her whole blog

Click here: View from the 8th Floor

Two posts about disturbing incidents, one is from "Cat" (I got to meet HER, too, at the Conference:)

Click here: Cat is my co-pilot: OIF Hero SGT Mark England beaten & tased by Las Vegas Police at McCarran Airport

and this post, not specifically from a member of Soldiers Angels (I don't think? sorry, not enough time to research this) but Soldiers Angels Members ARE getting involved in this.

Click here: Wake up America: War Memorial Destroyed: HELP Needed

Lastly, I have been remiss in not mentioning this sooner, but Kat at Yikes! finally has up the link to the Home Team show about the house they were given

Click here: Online Video: Entire Episode of Atlanta: Jeff and Kathy Orr | Veoh Video Network

and she and her husband are also getting ready to take a very special trip

 
As I said, this is not a definitive list, there are many other great posts by members of Soldiers Angels, but time gets to be a precious commodity for me, plus there are other members of my family here who "want computer time! get off the computer,already!"(which seems to be what they are saying,lol, I'm trying to ignore them:)
 
One place you can go to 'surf' blogs by members of Soldiers Angels is my 'still-in-progress' list of blogs 
 
There are a lot of great blogging Angels, and those posts listed above are just a few samples.
 
--------------
Before closing, I wanted to express my condolences to the family of  Sgt. Anthony J. Schober, who was listed as the 4th 'whereabouts unknown" soldier earlier this week, until his remains were identified with DNA testing
 
Our thoughts and prayers are with them, and also continue for the 3 missing soldiers, their families, and the soldiers searching for them.
 
 

No comments: