Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A "Round-Up" (more like a "Catch Up" :)

My inboxes in various email accounts have been piling up to the point where I was like 'Auggghh! I'll Never catch up!" but I think I may have finally pared it down to where I can point out some interesting things for you to check out.

(It doesn't help that I also email links to myself,LOL, because I'm already writing a future blog post in my head when I see them....I know, I could bookmark them, but I already have so many bookmarks.... once in awhile I go through them and think 'now Why did I save this again?' and it's just another Blank in my head by then...I get those Blanks, but let's not talk about That any longer:)

I think I do better with these types of posts if I get a 'theme' idea before I start it...but this Isn't one of those times... so here's just a jumble of both serious and frivolous stuff.

--------------

Another Soldiers Angel sent me two links that I thought were worth passing on,Thank You, CT Soldiers Angel :)

(This one you may have seen, but worth another look, or a first look, if you haven't)

Proud Young American

And this one is from a young man who was on the HBO 'Alive Day' special

Michael Jernigan - Home Fires - Veterans - Iraq - Opinion - New York Times Blog

 

This is a longtime Canadian Soldiers Angel friend that I've been urging to start a blog, or a webpage, or Something! for awhile, she's finally getting started,Yay!

 

Hat Tip goes to Steve at  The D-Ring  for this link

 
and H/T to same for...wait for it....The CIA's 'Terrorist Buster' Logo
 
(and he credits  Danger Room  , who credits  Wonkette ,who credits...well, just keep clicking  the links ,LOL I'm starting to get dizzy trying to follow this back to the original source:)
 
 
This is a gentleman in Australia that I've been following for the last 3 years, I've mentioned him before, but he's Such a cool 93 year old!!
 
 
 
Here's a news release on the SA website about 
 
 
and if you've never checked that out, you should :) Good stuff!
 
 
A good friend of mine sent a link to this, off the wall, but I liked it :)
 
 
 
This is going around as an email forward, but I managed through Google to find someone who had found the original blog post, just darn funny!
 
 
 
Here's a link to a video from the Patriot Fest held in Lakeway,TX back in October, I mentioned the Patriot Fest when I was mentioning the auction on eBay to win a round a golf with Rory Sabbatini (which apparently no one wanted to play him,sigh, no one bid, but hey! looks like the Patriot Fest turned out great anyway!)
 
 
 
Lastly, although I posted about the  American Freedom Festival   show coming up this Saturday, I won't be able to attend that because I'm working that evening.
 
However, we Will be able to attend This in the morning
 
(and hopefully someone Else will be operating the camera besides  me , LOL.  Plus, Yay! it looks like we'll be hooking up with at least one of my online buddies there, it's always so great to see 'the imaginary people in the computer' in Person,isn't it? :)
 
Well, whether you want to call this a 'round up', a 'catch up', or a 'jumble'....this is it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That flashback from the 70's catalog..........  well, some of it I remember too well, and some just has me laughing.  Oy!

I did see some notice in the depths of "the" paper yesterday about events this weekend (I admit, I'd prefer the celtic music the B'more Irish Festival over the country singers at DAR this Saturday), but I think the parade was either starting at 10, or 11, and going for several hours.  Wonder how many parade participatns they have to run that long.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  

Anonymous said...

I know....4 hours? that will be a Huge parade! (one things for sure, you'll be
Warmer than I will,LOL:)

I know, the 70's stuff cracked me up,too:)

Kathi