Saturday, November 10, 2007

More on "Band of Bloggers"

Sean at Doc in the Box has a roundup with links to some of the blogs (see my previous post) Thanks! Sean:)

Click here: Doc in the Box: Just finished Band of Bloggers

and I,like Sean, tried Googling, and also  Milblogging.com , to see if I could hunt down any more links. (I actually watched the show again last night at midnight, just to write down all the names they flashed during the show,LOL :)

I,of course, recognized Michael Fumento's name,that link was easy to find:

Click here: Michael Fumento.com - Weblog

 

and it looks like 'Charlie Maib" is a SPC who's in the Public Affairs Office?

Click here: Cav Country

 
 
JD Johannes name seemed to ring a bell, I found a link from Blackfive
 
 
egg on my face for not recognizing that one right away,LOL, and I found a direct link
 
 
 
Bobby Statum seems to be a photographer who is SGT Bobby Statum?
 
 
 
and between what Sean and I found, it seems the only links we couldn't hunt down or people we couldn't get a lead on were Matt Russo and Jeff Tanner. (If you have links,please email me:)
 
I recognized Spott Hover's name, I think I've featured before the link to "IED Hunter",hilarious:)
 
 
 
Because I'm somewhat 'anal-retentive',LOL, I'm going to list all the names I wrote down from the show, with appropriate links, to make it easy for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spott Hover (see "IED Hunter" link above)
 
 
 
Charlie Maib (see links above)
 
Jeff Tanner
 
Matt Russo
 
 
 
 
 
Update: And Sean tracked down what others are saying here
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Glad you liked the show. The reason why you cant find anything on Jeff is because he and I, for the most part were just accidental story tellers shooting video when we could, and me...film when I could find it. Jeff works in the private sector now. I shot the interview of him sitting in what was Udays bombed palace in Ramadi. Most of the footage we shot (over 60 tapes) were "lost" when jeff mailed a package home in late August 03'. The pictures you saw of mine during the show were shot on film, that I carried for a year, then had developed (all of it in June of 2004) upon my return. I was afraid to mail any of it home for that exact reason. We were bloggers in theory, just did it differently I guess

Best,
EHRG