Sunday, November 4, 2007

Soldiers Angels Web Surfing

("Real life" kept me from posting much last week, my apologies....but here is my weekly roundup of postings by and about  Soldiers Angels  )

First of all, I mentioned the  Valour It Fundraising Competition  in my Hooah Roundup Post over on  Hooah Wife and Friends earlier this week, but it bears mentioning again, so here's what Soldiers Angels New York had to say about it

 
(and I don't have a widget on here, as I can never seem to get widgets to work on this format, but there's plenty of links in the blogosphere to donate if you wish to do so, like Here :) 
 
And Ahem, ARMY LEADS THE WAY SO FAR!!!!  I'm just sayin'.
-----------------
 
Speaking of Hooah Wife and Friends? (I just love when my segues work so fluidly....LOL, I So need to 'get a life',don't I ? :)
 
They are one of the finalists in the voting for the  2007 weblog awards
 
as you can see by this post here
 
 
and another finalist is ArmyWifeToddlerMom
 
 
There are many great blogs nominated, (like one of Greta's Other blogs,
 Kiss My Gumbo ) and the polls close Nov. 8, so here again is the main voting link
 
 
-------------
 
And, although this post is starting to look suspiciously like a 'Greta Perry Linkfest",LOL, she's also posted on Soldiers Angels Louisiana about 'Urgent Needs'
 
 
which allows me to segue (there I go again!:) into This post
 
 
a great post (by a very good blogger!:) about Things To Send, and a Timely Post, don't forget the Holiday Mailing Deadlines
 

Military Mail Addressed To

Express Mail® Military Service (EMMS)1/

First-Class Mail® Letters/Cards

Priority Mail®

Parcel Airlift Mail (PAL) 2/

Space Available Mail (SAM) 3/

Parcel Post®

APO/FPO AE ZIPs 090-092

Dec 18

Dec 11

Dec 11

Dec 4

Nov 27

Nov 13

APO/FPO AE ZIP 093

N/A

Dec 4

Dec 4

Dec 1

Nov 27

Nov 13

APO/FPO AE ZIPs 094-098

Dec 18

Dec 11

Dec 11

Dec 4

Nov 27

Nov 13

APO/FPO AA ZIPs 340

Dec 18

Dec 11

Dec 11

Dec 4

Nov 27

Nov 13

APO/FPO AP ZIPs 962-966

------------------

Dec 18

Dec 11

Dec 11

Dec 4

Nov 27

Nov 13

 
And this also allows me to remind you again about Kat's Operation Love From Home project
 
 
51 days till Christmas,folks, but the mailing deadlines for Military Mail are Much closer!!
-----------
Soldiers Angels WorldWide
 
Willie had a good post up last week
 
 
as did Soldiers Angels Europe
 
------------
Nice to See, I Think
 
Under the heading of 'You Never Know Where You'll Find" mentions of  
 
 I have many times been discouraged by postings from those who oppose the war, or are at a different point in the political spectrum than I, in which they seem to equate 'supporting thetroops' with 'supporting the war', and so either refrain from posting about supporting the troops, or actively Discourage people from supporting the troops.
 
So, it was nice to see this post pop up in my search results for Soldiers Angels
 
 
-------------
Lastly,Aimee, as she does weekly, reminds us of the Fallen.
 
 
That's the Soldiers Angels Web Surf for the week ending November 3!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, thank you for posting that mailing deadline, and the link to what to send!  :)  As you know, I have a coworker/friend who was just redeployed to Iraq...... and I'm not as up on these things any more.

Oh, I cannot stand this war and opposed it all alone.  What the heck that has to do with the individuals and troops, I don't know, other than praying that they are safe and make it home.  I support the men and women!