Thursday, November 8, 2007

Reason Number 300 I Love the Internet :)

I was contacted out of the blue several days ago by a proud Air Force Mom(and Air Force Mom-in Law:)  who came across my AOL blog while searching for the Christmas mailing deadlines for this year.

After reading some of my blog, she sent me an email titled 'Some Angels to Share", with a poem that she wrote for her son while he was away at school...not knowing that later that same year he'd be deployed to Iraq. 

 She said that her own words in the poem brought her much comfort during that year, and she was passing it on to me in case it might give me hope and comfort in the time ahead.

(plus she also said that I could freely use it however I wished. And so, I am sharing this Mom's poem with all of you.)

A Message in the *Twinkle* by Debra Estep  2-28-03

Child of mine

Out of the reach of this mama's hugs.

Look up to the stars at night.

I've beamed a message of

love there.

 

 

On the nights when the stars

are hidden behind clouds

I'm still reminded of you.

You are hidden from my view,

yet I trust in the beating of your heart.

We shared heartbeats for nine months

and became forever bonded.

 

 

The twinkle of the stars

are a comfort to me from

God above.

Child, see the stars and feel my hugs.

-------------

 

Debra also sent a picture of an 'Angel of Protection' drawing that she had offered to a rubber stamp designer, Pamela, who then created a rubber stamp design from it.

 

 

You can find the designer's site and the rubber stamp design here

 

Angel Stamp Set - Pamela's site
http://tinyurl.com/28kubq

 

-------------

Pretty cool,huh? :)  And This is reason number 300 that I love the Internet..it brings 'angels' into your life unexpectedly!

 

Thank you, Debra!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathi,

Awwwww thank you for your sweet words.

You know that saying.....  It takes one to know one.  :)

So from one ~Angel~ to another ~Angel~   ...

THANK YOU !!!

xo xo
Deb

Anonymous said...

I love it, and I have had similar thoughts and prayers for my daughter when as a wee girl, she'd be afraid to leave me and go visit with her dad, as she wanted to be with mom and sleep in her own bed at what she perceived was her home and all that.  I knew she'd be fine, but prayers like this with her, helped her over come:)  (Thankfully, she won't go to Iraq.  But, I know other parents with kids, yes, young adults but their kids, over there.  Proud but as if on edge while waiting.)

Anonymous said...

I am constantly in prayer for our troops, no matter where they are; and sometimes without even thinking.  I have lived through WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and now ... Iraq.  When will it end?  Never, I suppose.  And I was telling HL this morning ... IT IS TERRIBLE TO LOSE OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS OVER THERE ... AND YET, HERE ... WE LOSE SO MANY MORE ... YES, SONS AND DAUGHTERS ... TO DRUNK DRIVERS AND ABORTION.
  May our Sweet Jesus and HIS Blessed Mother keep their arms around all of us ... and keep our children from harm.
  Kudos to you, Kathi ... for your 'angel' posting; and to Deb ... how precious is your heartfelt words; and merci beaucoup plus et plus (thanks a bunch) for sharing them.  DIEU TE BENISSE!!! GOD BLESS!!!  Cajun Sissy