Friday, August 11, 2006

One Month From Today........

One month from today I will posting my tribute to Jonathan N. Cappello ,as part of the 2,996 Tribute .

Since as of today there are still about 1,300 bloggers needed to join the tribute to ensure that  each victim is remembered in the 'blogburst("simultaneous, co-ordinated posting by a large group of webmasters and bloggers on a given topic".) on the Internet on Sept. 11,2006, I thought this would be a good day to repost about the 2,996 Tribute.

After 9/11, my youngest sister said,

"We should remember and celebrate all of the innocent lives taken away on that day. "

There is a blogger who has started a project to do just that.

The 2,996 Project

"The idea is simple, but powerful: have a special tribute for each victim of 9/11, with each tribute being created by a different blogger.

2,996 stories…

2,996 voices…

2,996 remembered…

2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.

On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11. Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.

We will honor them by remembering their lives, and not by remembering their murderers."

The blog is here 

and the project page to sign up is here

Five years after that awful day, this seems like a beautiful way to "remember and celebrate".

---------------------

I also wanted to add that on the 2,996 blog, there is a sidebar with a link to hints on how to do 'Research'  

 Click here: 2,996 » Research 

 which helped me a great deal in my own research.

----------------------

You may be wondering how I recall what my youngest sister said about the events of 9/11? I remember it because she posted her thoughts as part of The September 11th Digital Archive

under the Stories of September 11th  section. She came across the site in 2003, and I didn't learn about it and post my own story until 2004. I posted

How did you witness history on September 11th?

I was on my 2nd day of orientation for a new job, & the group of us waiting wondered why no one had come to take us to the orientation class...one girl left to find out & came running back saying"a plane has just hit one of the World Trade Center Towers".We all followed her to the lobby television, & were just in time to see the second plane hit LIVE,which was horrifying. Everyone in the nursing home who could be was gathered around the television for awhile. We went to class, & while we were in there, an announcement came over the loud speaker announcing an imminent prayer service"for our country" & the girl announcing it was weeping. We didn't know why until we took a break, & saw a replay of the collapsing of the towers,which gave me a chill to my bones that I will never forget. On my way home, I heard a man who had witnessed the crash of Flight 93, & HE was weeping, saying over & over"It was just obliterated".I looked at all the cars around me, & realized that all of us driving were listening to all the accounts, & I thought"I should just go home."My daughter & I were staying with my parents, & when my daughter got home from school, she came running into the house terrified, saying"Planes are crashing all over!" & she was afraid to go to the 2nd floor of the house. She was in 4th grade, & the school had let them watch the television coverage.I remember us being glued to the TV for the next several days.Although I knew no one personally, Tom Burnett had gone to my brother & sisters' high school & was a "local" boy(Bloomington MN). I just remember a great aching sadness from that time, the horror almost being too much to grasp.

--------------------------

and you can still post on the digital archive today.

-----------------------------------------

But the main purpose of this post is to remind you that there are only 30 days left until the Tribute......if you haven't already signed up,please consider doing so today, to honor one of the victims.

http://www.jamulian.com/db911/

 

NEVER FORGET.

------------------------------

 

 

 

Tag:

No comments: