Friday, September 29, 2006

Saturday Web Surfing

The above is a pic from our 2004 trip to MN, it was taken at Gooseberry Falls.

I haven't had a chance to surf the web for a few days, between work and helping with the new grandson ,as his mom was not feeling well. (not a hardship, I enjoyed it!:)

So today I found out that American Soldier is taking blogging in yet another direction...first from his post saying It's Coming and then It's Here  Looking forward to more video blogs from him! Consider subscribing yourself.

Haven't mentioned JP at Milblogging.com lately, he says he has site changes coming   http://milblogging.com/index.php?entry=entry060926-161557 

and when I went by Blackfive, this was a nice surprise 

 
and here is the official website about SFC Paul R. Smith, who I have long thought is someone EVERYONE should know.
 
Continuing with the 'Heroes" theme....Vets for Freedom has a great list of more heroes you should know   Click here: Vets For Freedom
 
For more on another kind of hero? There is a great post about the upcoming Patriot Guard Riders anniversary in Nov. 
 
And on SpouseBuzz
 
the list included quite a few movies that I can't watch,either. Only because I watched them once, and did not feel I ever could again.  My son's fiancee and I watched "United 93" last weekend, and it was very well done and moving...but I don't think I could watch it again. I have never been able to watch 'Black Hawk Down" since the first time I saw it several years ago,and don't think I ever could.  However, I Have seen "We Were Soldiers" more than once, so go figure. And we have the entire Band of Brothers set, and rewatch that again and again.
 
My son and his fiancee gave me a Netflix subscription as a gift:) (I love those 'kids':) and Baghdad ER arrived today before I left for work...I plan on watching that this evening.  
 
I bought 'Gunner Palace" back when it came out, and it was OK, perhaps I was expecting more from it? But 'Occupation Dreamland" had been hyped shortly afterwards, so I got that last weekend...it too, seemed not exactly what I thought it was going to be. (maybe I'm just not a documentary kind of gal,lol?) But the  documentary "Paper Clips" was fantastic.
 
What I'd REALLY like to see is "The War Tapes"...but I will have to wait till that comes out on DVD. (I hope)
 
And a friend recommended "American Soldiers". In fact, I picked so many documentaries to watch on my Netflix list, that my middle son asked me in exasperation if I had any 'real' movies on my list,lol.
 
Well, that's all for today. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and God bless our troops!

No comments: