Friday, April 27, 2007

Soldiers Angels around the web, and the 2007 Face of America Bike Ride

Whew, what a week this has been!  I had an abcessed tooth, and had to get it removed. Monday, my boyfriend had an accident where he cut one of his fingers all the way to the bone. Yuck. (It got stitched up and he's in the process of healing now:)

I am looking forward to this weekend, and the  2007 Face of America Bike Ride

Soldiers Angels is hosting a luncheon along the route, and we'll be there to help out with that. (Yes, I will take pictures!!:)

This is going to be a Very quick post, as I have to get ready for work shortly, but here's a look at news about,and by, Soldiers Angels around the web.

Click here: Soldiers Angels Network: $10,000.00 to Virginia Tech ROTC Cadet Endowment Fund

Click here: Soldiers Angels Network: Soldier visits pen pal class : News : KHQA7

 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------
Billy at  Hunts for Heroes  has some news up at his forums 
 
 
--------------
And an online friend and Marine wife, who blogs at  Deployment #7 in sight...   made me aware of this site
 
 
which was started by this man  Mark Dakota  , after he was inspired to write a song called "Soldier".
--------
That's about it for today, except that my boss,Becky, is getting married today, so I wanted to say
CONGRATULATIONS! BECKY AND RICK!!!!
 
Wishing everyone a great weekend, and
God Bless Our Troops, and God Bless Their Families.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!  That is a bunch of links; but hope to get to most of them soon.  Am really interested in the one about KC ... so went there ... and ... this was such a grand event.  We at stjames have a member in KC and our youngest child lives in St. Peters, MO.  >>>I so admire the things you are doing; and it brings back memories of the Vietnam war.  We did not have email then ... but sent a lot of snail mail letters ... and packages.  Now, at 71 ... I pray and try to support folks like you.  Ohe, but I forgot ... I did send some cyber-postcards ... and it was so neat ... when I got a copy in the snail mail.  ;-)
   Take care, ma cherie ... and know that you're so appreciated by us older folks that do not have the energy to keep up with you.  ;-}
    DIEU TE BENISSE!!!  Cajun Sissy Macile